Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Blip...blip...blip

I am sad to report that after feeling worse and worse over the past 10 days I spent the afternoon at Shepherd Spinal Center (thanks for taking me Mom!) and my doctors think I am having another "exacerbation" or "episode", but I think I may prefer "blip". A blip implies a short, brief anomaly on the radar and while it is my third blip this year I hope it will be short-lived and I will be feeling better sooner rather than later. I will not bore you with details, but it is mostly just worsening of existing symptoms and a few mild new ones (feet totally numb all the time, and weakness in my hands). I am trying to stay positive, optimistic and rest lots and let the high-dose steroids run their course. 

With only 18 months of this thing under my belt, I still have a lot to learn about my disease. While I certainly hate feeling this bad right now (and for the third time this year!!) in comparison to other MSers, my "episodes" have been fairly mild, i.e. I haven't gone blind or lost total use of any of my limbs, etc. etc. I wouldn't wish an MS relapse on my worse enemy, but still in the grand scheme I am grateful that I don't have it worse. 

Anyway, just wanted to update everyone. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery. I want to be able to enjoy all the upcoming festivities. Chris and I are going to have our first ever Christmas tree in our new house! Plus I am still in college and have exams to pass! Lots to do. Gotta feel better Sooner rather than later! 

Look for my thanksgiving post to follow this one....and I expect lots of audience participation :-) XOXO

PS- for some reason this round of steroids has me looking like the Stay-Puffed Marshmallow Man. I am so swollen that the skin on my face is peeling, I can't get my wedding rings on and my shoes have all shrunken in my closet!! So if you have the pleasure of seeing me in Marshmallow mode feel free to bring along the graham crackers and hershey bars and we'll just make S'mores together :-) hehe

No comments: