Saturday, September 15, 2007

Faith, hope and love

This week was very long and there is a lot to tell; but I find myself so tired, physically and emotionally that I will have to wait until later to tell it all. So this will be short and sweet:

I bought myself a present last week, well actually I bought myself three presents. I was feeling kind of down and made the short drive down Atlanta Rd one afternoon to have lunch at my favorite spot (Muss & Turners...duh!). Afterward I walked past the shops there and wandered in one...SeaGrass? SawGrass? I can't remember...but I was immediately drawn to a counter full of jewelry (no surprise). On it there were all these simple silver rings with words engraved into them. 5 or 6 different words total I think. "Imagination", and something else...but the 3 I was drawn to were "Faith", "Hope" and "Love".

What 3 better words are there??
So I bought all 3 rings and have been wearing them ever since.
It's just silly jewelry but I find comfort in the words right there on my hand.

I wish you all those 3 things in life:
Faith in not only whatever higher power you may believe in, but also Faith in yourself and in your own strength....
Hope so that in even in the darkest times you can truly believe with all your heart that things Will get better...
and, the Love of family and friends to nourish your soul, give you comfort, give you joy and enrich your life forever.

I consider myself very blessed, not only to have new jewelry (which is always a plus!) but to have Faith, Hope and Love in my life.

I Corinthians 13: Love is patient; love is kind. Love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way: it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrong doing, but rejoices in truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. And now faith, hope, and love abide, and the greatest of these is love.

No comments: