Friday, July 27, 2007

Let the fun begin...

The day has finally come. After approximately 543 phone calls to various medical and insurance people...wait for it....
My IVIG infusion has been approved!!!!

But wait it gets better- it has been approved and will be paid for in its entirety, which is a very good thing considering this lovely infusion comes out to the tune of around $15,000. Yes, that's right folks: the cost of a new car, or about 75 pairs of Stuart Weitzmans, or furnishing a house or something...but instead 15 grand for an immune-system-modulating-blood-product that may or may not fix my double vision...Crazy, huh?

So starting tomorrow at 10am I spend the next 5 days hooked up to tubes. Its yucky, but I am envisioning this medicine as whooshing into my body and then up to brain. Then I am imagining those little tiny construction workers from "Fraggle Rock" using this magical medicine to fix my brain lesions. I think imagery helps. If nothing else, it makes being hooked up to an IV slightly more entertaining!

So wish me luck and if you like, you can envision Fraggles, too.
Who knows...maybe by this time next week Double Vision Girl will be a thing of the past and I can get back to being Boring Old Caroline.
Not that I could ever be boring, of course :-)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

i'm so excited and relieved for you! not that being hooked up to an IV is my idea of fun, but this is about the best reason you could ask for to be stuck with a needle. ;)

i love the blog -- keep up the good work.

we'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers...

love,
jen

The Homestead Atlanta said...

Dude. I think you've discovered a major medical breakthrough. The answer to the ailments of MS = Doozers. I mean, why not? It's no less specific than many of the treatments out there...and they're very industrious..."work your cares away" and such.

I miss you and love you and am very proud of you and can't wait to see you for a crab feast Thursday. (and give me a call when you have free phone so we can schedule a little horseback time!)

Love you!
K