Monday, August 20, 2007

Hurry Up and Wait!

I know, I know...I am way behind in my blogging. It was a busy week to say the least.


Let's go back to Tuesday the 14th: My darling friend Alice takes me to my appt at Shepherd (Chris was being deposed...like I said, it was a crazy week). It wasn't a complete waste of an appt, as they took my bloodwork for the umpteenth time this month; however, the news about my eyes wasn't what we were hoping for. Basically, there is no Plan C.
"What do you mean there is no Plan C?"
"Well there isn't anything left to try to fix your vision. We will just have to wait and see what your next MRI shows and wait and see if your vision will come back on its own."


Wait? I have to "wait"? That's it?? That's Plan C?!? WAIT?!?!?
Don't they realize I have been "waiting" for over 4 months, through numerous IV infusions and medications and tests and bloodwork and doctor's appts?
I am getting really tired of WAITING.


Fast forward to Friday the 17th: we visit the Neuro-Opthamologist (who happens to be a Pace alum) and she says that she has never seen a case of MS-related double vision not clear up eventually. At least there is some good news! She wants me to consider another round of Solu-Medrol via IV. More needles residing in my arms...great...I now know what a poor pincushion feels like. Seriously though, another 3 day infusion in exchange for single vision...Okay. Sign me up. So now it's just a matter of getting yet another procedure scheduled and approved by insurance. And since Solu-Medrol is about $14,925 cheaper than IVIG, I am hoping it will be a quick approval process. :-)

Other than that I am trying my hardest to stay out of this unbearable heat. When i get too hot, my brain likes to punish me by making my legs go numb. What a wacky sense of humor that brain of mine has...

Stay hydrated and stay cool out there and let's hope fall weather arrives soon!
XOXO

No comments: