Saturday, April 26, 2008

WalkMS 2008

While the final tally is not yet in, as it stands today Team Wearing Red Shoes has raised over $13,700 is the TOP fundraiser for the Marietta WalkMS and is #3 fundraising team in the entire state of Georgia!

All I can say is Wow.

I am so honored and so humbled by the generosity of so many people.
Our entire team completed the 5k cheering and dancing across the finish line in our red shoes.

What a wonderful event it was. The NMSS did a great job organizing and planning. And I was never more proud than when Roy announced "...our top team in first place...Wearing Red Shoes!" Amazing.

At one point right before the race it was asked for a show of hands in the 900+ crowd of how many people out there were currently living with MS. I was surprised at the small number of people that raised their hands as I waved mine in the air. Then it was asked how many people in the crowd were there because someone they loved was living with MS. The cheering and clapping was deafening.

It goes to show that even with a mysterious neurological disease such as MS, I am never alone in my daily battle. I am surrounded by so many people who love me and fight with me. They pick me up both literally and figuratively! And I have never felt that love more than on April 19, 2008 when I looked down at my family and friends and was surrounded by 22 pairs of beautiful, inspiring and powerful Red Shoes.

No comments: