Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Good Days

As I am learning to live with "the MonSter", I am discovering that there are Good Days and there are Bad Days.

Today has been Good.


It began with waking up and for the first time in 3 days my legs were NOT numb! Yippee!!!!
So walking has been so much easier today and I am grateful for that.
My vision is more or less the same, but I have started driving short distances, with one eye patched, with permission from my Dr. of course. It certainly isn't easy, lacking depth perception and all, but I am able to do short distances during the day and am starting to feel slightly human again.
I cannot tell you how awesome it is to be able to run to Eckerds or Publix or Starbucks if I really want to (don't worry they are all within a 1/2 mile radius from my house so you are most likely safe! hahaha)


Secondly, at 10am this morning my next shipment of Betaseron arrived. The nice FedEx man brought it to my door, in a styrofoam cooler with cold packs. But wait! That isn't the best part!
After several days on the phone with Aetna...after numerous phone calls that ended with the words "$1600 per month" or "your plan doesn't cover that" Chris and I did not back down. We kept calling and asking what other options there were and we kept at it...and today, my 90-day supply is safely in my cabinet for the low, low cost of $40!!!!! I feel as if we have won a huge victory over the big, bad insurance company, which is silly, really, since they SHOULD be paying for my medicine anyway! Nevertheless, the battle has been won and we will not have to organize a "Help Caroline Pay For Her Betaseron Bake Sale".

All in all, I would say it was a very Good Day. :-)

No comments: