Friday, June 1, 2007

Medical Drama Update (from 4/28/07)

Hello everyone,
Wanted to keep y'all in the loop and I may have to keep this one short because my eyes are really not cooperating today!!

My wonderful Dad and Stepmom, Sheryl came over Thursday to give us the results of the spinal fluid tests in person. Along with my double vision and the MRI results of my brain my doctors seem to think I have MS (Multiple Sclerosis). We are in the process of lining up a second opinion with a neurologist at the Shepherd Spinal Center who specializes in MS and see if he agrees with that diagnosis as well.

It is hard news to hear, of course, but we are staying positive and anxious to talk to the "MS Guru" at Shepherd. We cannot thank you all enough for the phone calls, the Daily phone calls (you know who you are!! haha) the cards you have sent, the flowers you have sent, and the food you have brought.

All of you and your kind and thoughtful words and acts have made a very dark 2 weeks SO much brighter. :-) I know that no matter what happens, with friends and family like you on our side, we will get through this.

We love you all so very much and will send more info after we meet with the MS Guru!!!

Our love always,
Caroline & Chris

PS- I should think people with MS deserve a handicapped sticker, right?? I have always had the Worst luck with parking spots...maybe this is a chance to make up for that?!?!?
Haha...you knew that even MS wasn't going to mess up my sense of humor, right? ;-)

No comments: