Saturday, March 29, 2008

Stable...yet Relapsing...

Quick blog from me:
Yesterday's appt at Shepherd went as well as could be expected. They showed us my MRI from last week and deemed it "stable". There was one little spot that looked slightly bigger than last time, but not enough to mean anything or cause concern from my doctors. Yay for good news!

As for the relapse I am currently fighting, it is just going to take some time. They said maybe even 6 weeks or longer to feel completely normal again (or as normal as a person with MS ever feels!) That made me kind of mad. 6 weeks is a long time to have vertigo and mind-splitting pain in your arms. So then we changed some of my dosage around for the bouquet of wacky pills I am on to manage this pain. (Sorry folks, no exciting opiates...just drugs that only work on people with nerve damage in their brains!) Then she gave me a Scopalomine patch to put behind my ear to see if it helps with the vertigo. Being able to drive again would be a huge help. I wasn't driving all that much anyway with my stupid vision, but it really stinks feeling too dizzy to even drive the 1/4 mile to the grocery store!

So that's where we are.
Patience is a virtue.
Slow and steady wins the race.
And when all else fails, chocolate really does make things better.

XOXO

No comments: